Sunday, September 17, 2023

Entry#2--Disney+ and Star Wars

Star Wars is a series that shouldn't need much introduction. Even if you aren't a fan of the series, odds are you have at least heard of it. (right?) Starting at the end of 2019, Disney+ has been releasing new Star Wars shows, starting with the Mandalorian and most recently Ahsoka. If you're a Star Wars fan at all, this has been great news. The shows have been exciting, well written and they've done an amazing job connecting stories from previous movies and shows together. 

In case you aren't familiar with these stories and the roles they play, I'm gonna fill you in. The Mandalorian starts with a unique character and story but by the second season, it continues much of the story from the Clone Wars tv show that involved the Mandalorians. The Book of Boba Fett adds to the story of the Mandalorian and a fan favorite character. Andor is a prequel story for the movie Rogue One. Obi Wan serves as a bridge to better explain details between episodes 3 and 4. As of the time this is written, Ahsoka isn't currently finished but it looks like it's continued that trend as it serves as a continuation of the story from both Rebels and the Clone Wars tv shows. (If you haven't watched these, I highly recommend it. Don't let the animation style fool you, they're not only for kids)

These inclusions add some much needed detail to the stories they're associated with and expand upon some of the stories that fans of the series wanted to see more of. This is actually a great change of pace when you look at the fan reception for the sequel trilogy. These movies came out after Disney bought Star Wars and reviews are all over the place, with many fans unhappy with the story. I'm sure the same could be said about the new tv shows, but the vast majority of reviews and ratings I've seen have been overwhelmingly positive. Based on the success of the shows, I'm definitely excited to see what future Star Wars movies will look like in the future. I'm curious to know what other fans might think?

It's also worth noting that these shows have lead to some great collectibles being released, most notably Lego.. Which I look forward to adding to my collection. 




1 comment:

  1. I've heard nothing but great things about those animated series. I feel overwhelmed with how much they have been putting out. Hearing nothing but great things about it makes me curious to check it out one day. I was also wondering if Legos are the only collectibles you collect? Do you collect Funkos or figurines?

    ReplyDelete

Entry#10--The Role of Technology in Education and Learning

I recently received an email that went into great detail about using artificial intelligence or AI to assist with writing and cautioned/warn...