I found this comic when searching for information about fast food. It's incredibly simple but speaks volumes, at least to me. This is exactly how I feel when it comes to dieting. I recently went on a diet after watching the Fresh documentary and looking into fast food. I've been trying to eat healthier and avoid preprocessed foods and fast food altogether. However, that has not been the case. I went to the store and purchased everything I thought I would need to accomplish that goal but it hasn't quite clicked yet.
One of the biggest problems when it came to the amount of fast food I purchase is time. I don't always have a lot of free time and fast food has been immensely helpful when it came to combating that issue. That issue became most apparent when my work week started and I hadn't prepared any meals for my lunches. This resulted in purchasing food for my lunches and while I tried to be somewhat healthy, I feel as though there's only so much that can be done to mitigate that.
Back to the comic at hand, that was basically me as I ate lunch this week at work. I wasn't eating pizza but I did have Chipotle and Salad and Go. Basically the same things I would eat before I tried dieting but I sat there eating it anyway, and the only thing that had changed was that I was thinking I shouldn't be eating it. 😭

It's very difficult for people to manage finding time to prepare or choose healthy things to eat when we as a society are both putting immense amounts of time during the day to more pressing matter and activities while only allowing unhealthy and fast food to be the most convenient option. It has a lot of us in a vicious cycle that only make us ashamed of what we eat instead of enjoying healthy foods that can be offered to us or available if many of us had more time during the day.
ReplyDelete