Sunday, October 8, 2023

Entry#3--Mint(s)

I normally don't eat mints. I guess you could say I'm a gum person, I usually find everything about gum better... with the exception of having to find a place to dispose of it afterward, that isn't the bottom of a table. However, I find myself tasked with writing about mints and here we are. 

I search around my house for some mints but to no avail. This is expected, as I don't normally consume mints. I decided to stop at the gas station on my way into work to get some. Though this isn't something I'd normally buy, it takes no time to pick out a mint. It's a small white and red container, that fits perfectly in my hand, and it has the word cinnamon on the lid; an easy choice, as cinnamon is my go-to choice for gum and mints. I note that I've recently brushed my teeth and recognize that would put a damper on the experience, so I opt to try the mint later.

Fast forward a few hours, and I've just finished a break and my lunch at work. It is time. I will try this mint so I can share my experience with the world. I open a flimsy plastic protective sleeve around the container. It's at this point I notice there are two tabs on the container: One and Many. I ponder the circumstance that would lead to needing many mints at the same time, but I digress back to my choices and open the tab labeled "One".

It takes a little finesse but out pops my mint. It's smaller than I had originally pictured. The option for "Many" becomes much clearer now. I pop the mint into my mouth, and I'm surprised by the initial experience. At first, there's almost no flavor. I move the mint around my mouth as it slowly dissipates. It isn't long before that changes and the mint starts to work it's magic. I could almost swear the inside of my mouth started to heat up but the flavor remained icy cold. This sensation isn't isolated to my mouth, it travels upward, and I can almost feel my eyes water from the intense flavor. A strange sensation but not entirely unwelcome. 

Moments pass and my mouth feels fresh and clean now, albeit a little singed. I think back and wonder why I don't eat them more often. The flavor itself was an exhilarating combination of hot and cold but was a little overwhelming for my taste. I open the "One" tab again and fetch myself another mint. Perhaps there's a world where I can enjoy both mints and gum. 



1 comment:

  1. You have entered the uncharted territory and found yourself as a fan. Kudos to you for discovering and tasting new elements of joy. Just keep those tabs coming...

    ReplyDelete

Entry#10--The Role of Technology in Education and Learning

I recently received an email that went into great detail about using artificial intelligence or AI to assist with writing and cautioned/warn...